4/03/2005

Head of household

Feminists take heed! My wife always hates it when I start off a sentence with " I don't mean to be a jerk..." and then proceed to be a jerk. She thinks that if I consciously know that I am about to be a jerk, then I should have the forthright to change what I am about to say. There is and always will be differences between men and women. Personally I never want to live in a World when there aren't any differences. I don't subscribe to the evolution theory but anyone who does should think that by now we would have 6'6" 250 pound women with calloused hands building our houses and towns, repairing our transmissions, and fixing the plumbing. On the other hand, men would be taking off for paternity leave. I never got any paternity leave, so I am tempted to call the ACLU.... Being tax time, I recently ran across the term head of household, and tried to truly understand what that means. Men are not only supposed to step up and be leaders in their jobs and communities, but also in their homes. I never had the father figure around to give me a daily lesson on how it is done, but I have many friends and mentors who have given me all of the instructions I need. My boss (if you're reading this I will be expecting a raise) showed me that no matter where you start out in life, hard work can overcome and make you succeed. Mr. Bossman also made me appreciate architecture, and taught me that a community is more than where you reside. My uncle, who has proven that being a man of faith and integrity will make your home and your heart prosper. My friend, buffalosprings (http://kentuckyskies.blogspot.com), who's brash bravado I admire because I believe a man should say what he means and mean what he says. My wife admires him for a completely different reason, the way he unconditionally loves his wife. You see, there's a difference, how I viewed him was completely different from my wife's. I never paid attention to that detail, but now I can see it. Men can be strong, but we also need to be able to love. I work daily to unconditionally love my wife the same way... By the way, I have recently learned that "unconditional" is my wife's favorite word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home